Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LONG DELAY BETWEEN WELCOME SCREEN AND DESKTOP ICONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jackuars

jackuars

• Pip
  • 1 posts
haii all techies... :) i have a problem which has been pissing me for almost 3 weeks... :) As i start up my computer i become stuck with the desktop background after the welcome screen and the desktop icons and start button arrive too late almost taking more than 8 minutes... i am sure windows has loaded and i could hear the start up sound but not the icons and taskbar which appears only after long time... :)

i have analyzed this problem for all these weeks ..i have come up with the conclusion that its a RPC(Remote Procedure Call) which is creating this problem..i diagnosed this when i could still start up task manager when i have desktop background and i end an svchost.exe process....Suddently a shutdown screen with a time down count of 1 minute appears saying that(RPC has been unexpectedly terminated..the system is going to shut down..save ur work..blah blah) ...But then all icons starts appearing and taskbar gets loaded...i rush into run command and type "shutdown -a" and the screen closes and i continue my work.. :)

But this is irritating me..as i have to do it everytime i log into my computer :) ....and using Avira Internet Security its 'Mail guard and Web guard gets disabled due to ending this service....the scanner ..real time protection works still)

Btw my computer is clean of any infections and malwares....checked with Avira and MalwareBytes.. :)

Plz..Plz..Plz.....help to solve my problem and any help would be gratefully appreciated....Thanking u all guys in advance..!!!Hope to get a reply soon and solve my problem fast... :) :) :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You posted very same question on at least 5 different forums: http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a
You've been receiving help at BC forum already, so I'm closing this topic.