Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer wont let me type correctly

• Please log in to reply

martydh

martydh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Computer has a mind of its own. It sometimes won't let me use all the function on the keyboards i.e when i press O it will only let input 6. I have used shift, fn and numb lock and this works for a few minutes and then goes back to not working.

Also when I am typing it goes back to the start of the line the sentence is on, it becomes very difficult to
text.

Thanks any help would be appreciated

Marty

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi martydh ... :) ..:)
:) sorry we missed you...did you ever get this figured out

iason

iason

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having a similar problem - came back from a long trip, fired up my computer and when it got to the Password screen, I would type in a letter and it would register as two characters on the password form. Now I can't sign into my computer and am feeling terribly frustrated. Any ideas on how I can go back to the way things were?
Many thanks,
Iason

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Reboot in Safe mode, and then use System Restore to "roll back" your system to a point in time when your computer was known to function correctly.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi iason ... :) ..:)
for the future...always start your own topic
how to is here