Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet 8 freezes

• Please log in to reply

uncfingers

uncfingers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) Hi i am new to your forum and i am hoping that i can get some help...i am having touble with IE8 freezing on a certain site that i go on and also i get a message come up on the screen saying that there seems to be a problem with your internet connection..the site is a bingo site and it only happens on this one. i asked on the site if they had any suggestions and they said that i needed the latest flash player so i done that and i needed to clear cookies which i also done but the problem is still there ...anyone help please..its very annoying i manage one game of bingo then i have close down the site and reopen it again everytime ..many thanks :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try different browser?

Kyler_IE8_Team

Kyler_IE8_Team

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Have you tried disabling add-ons? Try going into Tools>Manage Add-Ons, and disabling all add-ons and toolbars. Does this help anything?

Cheers,
Kyler
IE Outreach Team

uncfingers

uncfingers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:) Hi thanks for the replie...yes i have tried firefox and it happens with that one as well and i have tried disabling the addons and still no joy ...

Kyler_IE8_Team

Kyler_IE8_Team

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hmmm, do you get any kind of error message or just a browser hang up? The only other thing I could suggest is reseting your browser settings, but this of course is a last resort as it clears all history/favorites/personal settings. If you want to give this a try, backup your favorites and follow this link:
http://windows.micro...orer-8-settings

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What AV program do you use?