Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

False internet connectivity issue?

• Please log in to reply

Slash12

Slash12

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Alright, i'm not sure if this is the right board for this but It seems to be the best fit. Since yesterday I've had problems connecting to any website that I try to navigate to. Sometimes when I go to a site in Chrome I get an error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED). I am also unable to connect to pages in Firefox sometimes, so its not Chromes fault. I also know that it is not my internet connection because I have been streaming live video in one tab and failing to connect to something in another tab. I'd also like to point out that it is not that I cannot connect to web pages at all, its that it usually takes multiple tries for me to connect, even though I know my internet connection is fine. I'm also able to get to pages on the first try sometimes, it seems to give me these errors randomly.

Can anyone provide any insight as to what could be causing this error?

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Do you have a wired or wireless connection to this PC? Please tell me about the operating and hardware in question.

Slash12

Slash12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Do you have a wired or wireless connection to this PC? Please tell me about the operating and hardware in question.

I have a wireless connection to the PC, I'm also running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 2.67ghz i7, 6 gigs of ram. If theres specific hardware that you want to know let me know. Also, it appears that this computer is the only computer on the network that is having this problem (Other wireless devices on the network are browsing the internet fine).

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Are you using any security products such as Norton Internet Security or McAfee? If so, disable these and see if the symptoms disappear.

Slash12

Slash12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Are you using any security products such as Norton Internet Security or McAfee? If so, disable these and see if the symptoms disappear.

I tried disabling McAfee, it didn't help. This may also be a coincidence but I find that if I start to load pages on my iTouch and load pages on my desktop at the same time then the desktop seems to work fine, not sure what to make of that.

EDIT: I also seem to get an error in chrome called Error 324(net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error sometimes. ‎

Edited by Slash12, 24 April 2010 - 01:22 PM.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Can you connect the PC in question directly to the router with an ethernet cable for a few days and see if the situation improves?

Slash12

Slash12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I can't do that because my computer is 2 stories up from my router, but I think the problem may have fixed itself somehow. I noticed that pages tended to load better the longer I kept my internet browser running. So I kept chrome running for a few days and I haven't had any problems loading pages since. I'm not really sure what happened there but everything seems to be working. Thanks for responding anyways.