Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Copy And Paste

• Please log in to reply

Simdaddy567

Simdaddy567

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I Know how to copy and paste, But my computer would not allow me to. Every time that I copyied and went to paste, i could not select it???

This Happens On Aol Too??

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
does this happen in all programs such as IE, wordpad,notepad etc or just web browsers? Did it just start happening? Did you download or install any software just before it happened? Can you select text and use ctrl c to copy and ctrl v to paste? Need more info to help.

Simdaddy567

Simdaddy567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
It happans in all programs. And no New programs installed. And its been happening for a couple months.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I think I would start by looking for some malicious hidden program that is causing this. Work through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at

http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

Edited by austin_o, 21 May 2005 - 08:48 AM.

Simdaddy567

Simdaddy567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sorry, Did not help

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
So, you can't even use the keyboard commands. :S

It just looks sorta like these?
Posted Image

Edited by jake6535, 21 May 2005 - 12:45 PM.

Simdaddy567

Simdaddy567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
NO