Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Egis update error

• Please log in to reply

Jamtam77

Jamtam77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am in need of some help. When I start my laptop when the desktop shows a message appears saying that an egis error has occurred. How do I fix this?

Also I can no longer save any word documents, open my Itunes and another error appears saying "catalyst control host is missing"

Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless. :)

Advertisement

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Please, post EXACT error messages.
I've never heard of "egis".

Jamtam77

Jamtam77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have listed the errors below.

"EgisUpdate.exe-Application error
The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142). Click OK to close the application."

The second proble I have is when I open word document.

"Word could not create the work file.Check the temp enviroment variable." then the document opens but I cannot save and the following message appears
"Changes have been made that affect the global template,Normal. Do you want to save?" then when I click yes it does not save and will only close the window when I click no.

The error I have when I try to open my Itunes application I get the following message
"The Itunes application could not be opened. An unknown error has occurred (-50)."

The final error is a message which appears every now and again saying something about the catalyst control host has stopped working and trying to find a solution to problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try to reinstall Office and iTunes.

Also...

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

mji1965

mji1965

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Found this error on my Mother's netbook today 2/9/11. As far as I can tell this is some kind of virus or malware program. Try running either an antivirus scan or malware scan that might clean it up.

Chunks_

Chunks_

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Egisupdate is related to a peice of software you probably installed. Its wont be picked up by virus or spyware protector. Here is a link to some more information on the error.

I suspect you have winlocker installed and its the autoupdate software for winlocker thats erroring.

Advertisement