Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Office IM - I don't want it to say "away" after 5 min..

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I joined a new company that has office IM. I like using IM....but don;t like that i'm "spied" on and anyone can see if I step away for 15 min. After 5 min. of inactivity... my mouse it goes from "available" to "away". I work in a satellite office. My colleauges are in another state and i'm especially self conscious. Please don;t think i;m looking to take advantge, etc. I was heavily recruited by this company and I put in whatever hours are needed -always have. It's just annoying and i'm a little paranoid.

Is there a way to keep the mouse "moving" and to seem like i'm there when i'm not?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by pslope, 25 April 2010 - 12:16 PM.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
WiggleMouse (free)

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi pslope and welcome to geekstogo:)

Unfortunately we cannot help you. This site is specifically for home users. Please contact your IT department for related issues. Thank you.