Desktop has nothing but icons, nothing works HELP!
Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:23 PM
Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:47 AM
- In Task Manager, click "File" > "New Task (Run...)"
- In the "Open:" box, type in:
c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exeand click "Ok". You should now see System Restore.
- In System Restore, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and click "Next".
- On the calendar, click one of the bold dates that is back before you started having problems with the computer.
- Click "Next" and then "Next" again.
- Hopefully, when System Restore is done your system will be running as it should be.
Note that System Restore will still be doing a bit of cleanup even after it reboots your computer. Be patient and let it finish.
Then come back here and let us know how it went ...
Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:14 AM
Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:15 AM
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users