Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETWORK ADAPTERS - All have Yellow Triangles

• Please log in to reply

LeeLeeHull

LeeLeeHull

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi

I am having great trouble in trying to connect to the internet.
In my device manager, i have expanded my NETWORK ADAPTERS.

All Items inside this have yellow triangles with " ! " exclaimation marks in

Can anybody help me please !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Lee

Advertisements

Matthew C. Miller

Matthew C. Miller

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
A yellow triangle in the Device Manager usually means that Windows doesn't have a device driver for that device. The driver is a small piece of software that allows Windows to talk to the hardware; it's required for each device in the computer. I'm going to assume you have another computer with reliable internet access.

In order to help, you'll need to provide the manufacturer and model of each network adapter in your computer. It may be simplest to take it to a local shop and will certainly be quickest. However, if you'd rather do it yourself, go ahead and post a list here and I'll help you sort out which drivers you need.

The most reliable way to collect the information would be to open your PC and read the labels on the actual card.

Just short of that would be to use the Belarc Advisor:
  • Dowload Belarc Advisor from their webpage (click the big "Click here to Download" button at the top right)
  • Install the Advisor program by running the program you just downloaded on the computer with the problems
  • Run the program and save the report
  • Copy and paste the "Communication" section here - it should list your modems and network cards.

Hope this helps!
-Matthew