What a morning. Today I managed to accidentally spill a LARGE cup of water directly on the keyboard of my work laptop. I drowned the sucker...it was a good 10 ounces of water. I immediately unplugged it (though it wasn't powered on anyway, I think the battery had died because it wasn't plugged in overnight). But I removed the battery, dried everything the best I could, turned it over, even used my hair dryer on "cool" for about 10 minutes. And then left it in front of a fan the whole day.
But no luck, it still won't power on now after plugging in. Not sure what else I can do. My IT department at work said it sounds like they'll need to replace my keyboard.
So here's my random question: when I used it last night, I had personal medical information opened in a window... I believe I left it up overnight before the mishap this morning. When my IT department replaces the keyboard, and get my computer going again....will those windows still be up? Or in the process, will they be rebooting my computer so they won't see anything previously opened?
Edited by wishingwell, 27 April 2010 - 08:08 PM.