Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i did a reg clean and now my pc will not boot

• Please log in to reply

L.Rylance

L.Rylance

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a ibm thinkpad and had problems with speed and opening websites and some windows etc so i did a reg clean from a downloaded program and now all i get is a black screen it will not do the windows start up and all i can get to is the bios screen i tried to reinstall windows but it said there was no hard drive i took the hard drive out and put it back in to make sure the connection was ok but still get nothing.

i have
windows xp
i cant remember the size of drive its about 150gig with 1gig memory

can someone please help

Advertisements

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
is the harddrive sata or pata you may not be able to see the harddrive because the driver is not installed you need to download the harddrive controler from the ibm website and have it on a floppy disk when you try to reinstall the operating system. than when you see the text asking if you need a third party raid driver press the button it tells you to (i know you probibly dont have a raid but older machines cant tell the difference between a sata controler and a raid card untill after the driver is installed) it will search your floppy disk and than display a list of drivers. select the one you downloaded for your machine than you should be able to proceed normally.