Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate Internet Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

directopposite

directopposite

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys,

I need some opinions on this one.

I got a W7 Ultimate and after 1 months of use my internet connection stoped. All my other 3 computers work fine and they are all connected to the same router.
I reinstaled my Windows and the internet worked for another 1 month. Then it simply stoped again.
I tried everything from "restarting router, disable and restoring LAN connections, switching LAN cables, every basic stuff that i could think about(i dont know a lot about PC)" they just dont work.
I have bought a LAN card and this one worked for another 1-2 weeks and again my internet stoped.
I cut the POWER for 1-2 days, and after restart my computer worked for 1 week then again.
I think the onboard LAN components from my motherboard are the problem since my computer is 3 years old at least, or is the BIOS or some configurations, or some patches i need to install.
If u guys have some ideas, tips how i can find the problem it would be a huge help.

Anticipated thanks,

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
If the other computers work fine, and with all that you have done, I don't think it is a hardware problem. I would certainly replace the Ethernet cable right away - they are cheap and not very durable. You might switch ports on your router too.

Then finally - have you scanned for malware? Do you have a decent security setup?

directopposite

directopposite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
about the enthernet cables i have 2 of them and i tested both on my laptop, and the internet worked. About the switching ports allsaw done.
"Then finally - have you scanned for malware? Do you have a decent security setup?", ahh i dont think i have a decent security but i usaly visity only 6-7 websites and they are trusted.
Thanks for the very fast post, any other ideas or do you need some specific... information.

directopposite

directopposite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
after countless hours of googleing i found the answer is not a HARD problem is a software...
the solution was

Steps to take
Start > Run
type: services.msc
FIND: Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B87 9762 in the list Right Click
Select Properties
From the drop down select Disabled
Click STOP
Click Apply
Reboot

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Thanks for the followup.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.

Though you may only visit a few SAFE sites, some of your ports may still be vulnerable to drive bye attack especially if you router is not secured, so you should at least have a firewall, something like Comodo free.

An anti-virus, AVG free.

Anti-spy ware, Spywareblaster free.

If you need help. start a new topic in forum, Security.

directopposite

directopposite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i allsaw find where that problem comes from.
The ADOBE Photoshope creates a think called Bonjour.exe that somehow blocked my internet connection after a while.
And yes i will start looking for a Antivirus. Thanks for fast replay guys.

Edited by directopposite, 30 April 2010 - 02:45 AM.