Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi, Newbie Here...

• Please log in to reply

whatsacomputer?

whatsacomputer?

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi I'm new and I don't know much about computer's . I'm grateful for this site and I appreciate the help alot.
My HP computer is 18 months old. We were told by Best Buy where we bought it that we needed a a new hard drive. We lost everything because they said they backed everything up for us and we paid extra but they didn't mention that we had to keep paying on it and it doesn't say it in the paper work, we checked. So we got it back a few days ago and nothing happened when we turned it on (my husband and I) and so we took it back and The Geek Squad had forgotten to put the 3 recovery discs in so my husband had to go back. We then get it home and the color is yellow. The pages etc...and all we have in the color options is yellow, blue, black or white. So I called the geek squad and they said let's look in here (the section where they said if there's anything wrong it will have an exclamation point next to it and none of them did. Then he said you'll have to bring it back in. I didn't want to tell my husband that and i called back again (The Geek Squad Helpline) and the man Joseph said, "I bet they didn't put the 3 discs in right, so we will do a System Recovery.". I believe it's called. So we did and nothing changed. Now when i turned it on this morning it was great! All the beautiful colors were back and i was so happy! Then I called my husband and said it's fixed and he said it seems fishy, and he was right because it just turned all yellow again. We have Window's Vista , it's an HP and we're are still paying on it bt have a two year warranty, thank god. SO does anyone know what it might be? My husband said it looked okay there at Best Buy when he looked at it but it was also ok here for awhile? Can someone please, please help? I'm going for surgery tomorrow and won't be on for a few days but I'll be here off and on all day. If not it's ok. Thank you again and I hope it's okay that I joined but I don't know alot about computer's...Thanks again, Maureen

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Hello Maureen,

Here are some of the reason why its yellow:

1- Your monitor as a problem and its colors are changing by itself.
2- The cable of your monitor is not working properly.
3- Your video card as a problem.

When you brought it to the shop did you bring only your Tower, if you did then when they showed to your husband it was plugged to a different monitor.

Check you monitor cable if it is securely in (on both side Tower and Monitor) or if it is damage in any way.

You could try another good working monitor to see if the problem is still there. If it does not come back (the problem) then you'll know you need to replace your monitor.

If the monitor is not the problem we will try to find another solution.