Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Are computer error softwares worth it?

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I realized my computer was REALLY slow. I tried to defrag it and I couldn't because of ChkDsk /F. I googled it and saw it was a form of error. I saw an ad on T.V advertising a computer error debuging software. (MyCleanPC.com) I tried it and I had 764 errors. To fix it I would have to pay $30. Like any 14 year old would I googled free versions and found instructions from MicroSoft on how to fix ALL my errors. I did that and my PC was faster AND ChkDsk /F. was gone. I go back to MyCleanPC.com and it still says i have 764 errors...is this a gimick for me to buy the software or the fact that Microsoft told me how to fix it I'm imagining my Pc is faster? HELP!!!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Yes, MyCleanPC is a site that tries to scare people into buying their software.
Something we call "Scareware".

Did you install the program that they offered? Are you having more issues since you did?

Regards,
Olrik

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Pepto... : Thanks for posting the results of your experiment. I always was <suspicious> of all those fixit ads. Now I <know>. ..wdc

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hey no problem. I should be thanking you. (and no I didn't install their product)