Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound system driver deleted

• Please log in to reply

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am currently battling a google redirect virus/rootkit and attempting to remove it from my home computer via the proper help forum. Prior to finding Geeks To Go, I tried to get rid of it myslef, and was unsuccessful.

I wrongly deleted the wdmaud.sys file from the system32/drivers file. Now I have no sound and none of the diagnostic tests that I run help. I even downloaded the new Microsoft Fix It program, but to no avail.

How do I fix my sound? Life without sound on my comp bites.

Thank you .

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Once you fix that issue, then we will come back to the sound problem.

Please post your machine specs here. If you have a machine you bought (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc) please post the serial number as well. With that info, we can look up the drivers from the respective support page.

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yes, thank you. Let me get rid of this nasty thing first and then we will deal with the sound.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I've left you instructions in your malware topic that should help us fix your sound

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thank you Rorschauch, I was unsure if I should post about my sound problem in the malware section. Thank you. I am heading home soon and will complete your instructions.