Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp cant start

• Please log in to reply

I)ark_Elf_

I)ark_Elf_

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
my friends computer wont start windows xp pro fro some reson.
its will show this error.

"Windows cant start beause this folder is missing or damaged: system32/drives/pci.sys"

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you tried a repair installation?

I)ark_Elf_

I)ark_Elf_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
its cant when we put in the xp disk. and btw when we turn on the computer the screen goes fuzzy and blurry like on the tv when you have no connection.
we even tried installing 98, and 2000 back on

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

What changes did they make to the system just before the problem started??

From what I can find, this problem happens when you try to install XP using a PCI-E video card.. Isn't going to happen..

Murray

I)ark_Elf_

I)ark_Elf_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
well here is the story he wasnt on the computer for 2 years and he wanted to sell it to someone but the peson who wanted to by it needed somthing more then when he got it back it doesnt work.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Trying to make "heads or tails" out of your post.. hard to do when you fail to use basic writing skills such as punctuation and capitalization!!!!!!!

What did this person need more of?? What did they do to the system before they gave it back??

Murray

I)ark_Elf_

I)ark_Elf_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok he gave is computer to a graphics designer, the designer needed more memory and gave it back. When he gave it back it doesnt work.

I am thinking when my firned brought it back home, mabey he bumped it.
so my theory is that the video card could be loose or damaged. He tried taking it out and putting it back in to make sure every thing is in order.
But that didnt work so he will try buying a new video card.

The repair install didnt work beause when we put the xp disk in the error comes up, when we leave the disk out its just a blank screen.

Does this make sence.