Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URLS not found

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I am noticing an increase in links which bring up a screen that says this url cannot be found on this server.

These seem to be on the increase. Does this mean our PC life is going the way of TV channels in that one needs box after box to access certain channels with huge increases in fees?

I read about one experience where a man turned to Magic Jack and with several kinds of technical adjustments not only by passed his TV server but also bypassed his PC online server using Magic Jack.

I have IE8 and a Dell XPS 400 PC.

Can advise :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
give us a few links that don't work for you...screenshots would be better

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
sorry for late reply - have been ill. Have a bitmap for you re the note I get re URLS - just hope I can upload it now to you. Hmmmmm so far do not see a place on fast reply to attach anything. Will keep trying to find same and send you the bitmap.

hope I uploaded bitmap correctly

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can't use fast reply...use add reply...
how to post a screenshot...go here...
save the screenshots as a .jpg or they will be to large to upload

Edited by happyrock, 14 May 2010 - 08:56 AM.

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
got your message how to do jpg screenshot but will have to wait until I have another screen coming in as URL not found - unless I can find the one I had in my deleted emails. Will work on it - still under the weather so may take a bit as not functioning on all fours:)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
we'll be here... :)

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
OK hope I followed your instructions correctly. Here is problem URL bitmap as a jpeg

Attached Files

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
nope...it didn't make it...go back to post # 4 and click on how to get and post a screenshot

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
final_bitmap.JPG OK have tried again. Hope you have patience :)

Do I make it this time?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
You can try to cleaned out your browsing history and your temporary internet files

This somtimes helps to solve IE 404 NOT FOUND problems

Edited by Alzeimer, 14 May 2010 - 09:42 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
that message means that particular video is no longer hosted anymore...
things that are online today could be gone tomorrow or the next day or next year...
purely on the whim of whoever hosts it

I read about one experience where a man turned to Magic Jack and with several kinds of technical adjustments not only by passed his TV server but also bypassed his PC online server using Magic Jack.

not posible

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
can understand what you are saying but sometimes when I get this message, I will go on my laptop (Win 7) and I can bring up the URL there. That confuses me.

Might there be a problem on my desktop PC? (XP Pro)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you can access the site using your other computer then it has to be a setting in IE or your firewall blocking...try installing firefox...then try the site..if it works its not a firewall issue its a browser problem

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Think it must be a browser problem. Your last email came up with a "can't find the url" but them promptly went to the url. Am trying to attach the message that somehow the PC overuntitled.JPG rode to get to your reply to me. Hope this came through OK.

Must be on my desktop PC that the problem exists in the browser. Should I re-install IE 8?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it may also be a outlook problem...try opening a gmail account here...then change your settings in your geekstogo control panel to reflect your email address change
try firefox first

Edited by happyrock, 15 May 2010 - 11:36 AM.