Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URLS not found

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
forgive me if I seem scattered - am wrestling with an ongoing ear noise condition that is driving me crazy.

I already have a Gmail account but can't seem to find settings to change here at this site - can't point a path?

have tried uninstalling IE8 and using IE7 but I get the same error messages so guess not in the browser. I did have Firefox installed but uninstalled when I got the news that my ESET AV must be upgraded due to present version conflicts with Firefox.

However, all the things one has to go through to change this and that, delete certain files etc. - just too much for me right now if ever. Am not to good at the more technical stuff about PC things.

Tried calling my server. Sorry for the following critique but forget that - most times get people out of the country who either do not know a lot of English or simply do not know PC things. The girl I got just kept going around in circles trying to convince me that those errors meant the site had closed down.

When I tried to tell her that at the rate they are increasing on my PC - the whole internet will soon be closed down or when I told her I could bring up the site on my laptop so they definitely were not closed down, she just went around in a circle and came back to the same conclusion.

So still am struggling to understand what is going on and trying to prevent having to call in a tech just for that problem.:) :)

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

If you have not try that before go there and delete all your temporary internet files, it might help if it is to full.

Also in IE8 go to TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS and delete your BROWSING HISTORY

Hope this will help

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Thanks so much for your effort but been there and done all that. I keep pretty much on top of my PC re cleaning all files, defragging, descan, running scans of AV and sypware.