Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Marvell Yukon Connection Fail

• Please log in to reply

pminister

pminister

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,

I need some help, b/c I cant figure this one out on my own. I was connected to the ineternet at one moment, and the next well I cant. I called my isp, but everything is good on their side. I even pulled out the ethernet cable and connected it to my laptop, and I was able to connect fine so it wasnt the cable.

So i uninstalled my network hardware from "device manager", and re-installed it with an updated one but that didnt fix the issue either. Now I installed this "wifi-usb" on my pc that my friend gave me, and I can connect to my wireless network but no connection will happen when I launch the browser. And you guessed it when I instealled the "wireless-usb" on my laptop it worked.

So something is definitely not right on my PC......... i have been trumped by my own computer. very sad day ! HELP :)

MOTHERBOARD: P4P800SE
NETWORK HARDWARE: MARVELL YUKON 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI

Advertisements

Tom_Cinnamon

Tom_Cinnamon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had the same problem with an XP computer at home - it seemed to happen after an automatic update of microsoft instant messenger software with the appearance of a new icon in the network devices.

I *solved* the problem by installing a PCI network card and using that instead of the Marvell Yukon hardware that is attached to the motherboard.

I am planning to fiddle with the computer to get it working *without* the new card - and will post here again if I am successful with the details of how to do it....

best wishes Tom

NETWORK HARDWARE: MARVELL YUKON 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Post a screenshot of your device manager.

Tom_Cinnamon

Tom_Cinnamon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Update, no solution but the following have not worked...

* updating the driver
* removing MSN
* playing with driver settings

the problem is in obtaining the IP address from the server and may be linked to MSN installing software that introduced a MSN internet access controlled type thing (google 4255555555 to find out about this)...

best wishes,
Tom
p.s. my solution is to install 2nd internet card to PCI slot... not elegant but working...