Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compaq presario f700 won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

BostonNeal

BostonNeal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a compaq presario f700 that shutdown without warning and now I can not get it to turn on. Nothing happens when I press the power button. I have tried it with and without the batttery and I tried resetting the memory cards. I even tried it with the hard disk removed.

If the battery is in the machine then the chargin light it on so I'm pretty sure it is getting power. I also tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds without the battery and external power but that did not fix it.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Neal

Advertisements

pcs365_11

pcs365_11

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
This could be caused by a bad or dying internal battery
1. Try running the laptop straight from the AC power, with the battery removed completely?
I'm not sure at the moment whether there is only a single problem here, or several problems, but the battery should be charging above 2% regardless of any software issues.

2. Try running Everest. You can download it from this link :
http://majorgeeks.co...tion_d4181.html