Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot load OS

• Please log in to reply

TJERKIN22

TJERKIN22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I woke up this morning and I was having glitches in my screen white lines and white dots all over so I figured my graphics card had burnt out I have two so I switched them and system restored to factory settings and went to reboot. When I rebooted my bios gave me an error so I went and set that back to defaults as well.

Now when I go to start my PC i get the bios load screen then it begins to try and post and I get the error Floppy Drive Fail (40) I have read that a setting may have been reverted in the bios but I can not find anything out of place saying anythign about a floppy drive.

After trying to continue through the post it just gives me a black screen and does not begin loading the operating system.

PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Double check your boot order starts with your HDD. Do you see the loading bar at all for Windows or do you just see the BIOS splash screen followed by a black screen?