What should be enabled in 'msconfig'
Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:49 PM
Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:57 PM
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go!
You're on the right track. Let's take a look at what's running at startup.
- Please download Autoruns for Windows.
- Extract the Autoruns zip folder contents to a new folder.
- Double-click autoruns.exe to launch the program.
- Go to File > Save As, and name it autoruns.txt
- Remember to save as type: *.txt!
- Please attach the file to your next reply (remember- it must be a .txt file).
EDIT: I can't spell today.
Edited by FNP, 08 May 2010 - 02:58 PM.
Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:19 PM
Mmm, not quite. You just sent me the program- I need you to send me a log.
Let's try this:
- Extract the downloaded folder (right-click > extract. Save it to any easily accessible location, like the desktop).
- Double-click on the application autoruns (not autorunsc).
- It will open a new program.
- Go to File > Save. Save it as autoruns.txt; make sure the type is saved as *.txt (like in my screenshot).
- Upload that attachment in your next reply.
Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:35 PM
Edited by ltull67, 08 May 2010 - 03:47 PM.
Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:37 PM
Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:54 PM
I see that you have Frostwire installed. This leads me to believe that an infection may be the source of your performance problems.
I suggest taking a look at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system. If that doesn't solve your problem, post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.
If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to this thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:07 PM
Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:17 PM
The program might be gone, but if the infection is there, just deleting FrostWire won't get rid of it. I would still recommend at least running through the removal guide.
In the meantime, uncheck the following items:
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users