Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have lost my desktop and about 3gb worth of data HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Nav_k

Nav_k

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi!

I need urgent help pleaase!

I have vista on and a toshiba laptop 3gb ram, 32 operatingsystem.

I was accessing a filme names C:\Users\*user*\downloads where i had accidentally created an icon for the desktop. I tried to delete it but it kept deleting my desktop. So i kept restoring it etc.

Then it suddenly put all of desktop into a folder called "new folder" on the desktop and then some reason said it was the same thing. Now everything from the desktop has dissapeared and I can not find it when I search for it on my computer. Moreover, when I open C:\Users\*user*\ all the icons of the folders are reprsented by their consequtive function e.g. Music folder are represented by a music icon etc but the icon for the desktop has become similar to one if i created a "new folder". when i compare properties of the desktop within C:\Users\*user*\ the desktop folder doesnt contain a "location" tab.

Can anyone help me? ASAP!

I need to retain the contenets of my desktop (which according to Computer have been lost as the gb's free has increased :SS

HELP PLEASE

Thank you very much

Advertisements