Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hard disk jumps to 100% a lot

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, my disk performance jumps to 100% a LOT, it started about a month ago, but now it's getting worse, it jumps for frequently and stays there for a bit longer, before it was just a small freeze, which would kill my frame rate.

I have a pretty decent laptop =/ I don't think it should be lagging on windows media player, my cpu and memory stay quite low in the performance tab, it's just the disk that's going crazy, does anyone have any ideas why? o_O is my hard disk broken? I've done a full reformat and it hasn't helped, I think if the hard drive's fuller it lags more. I'm not sure though. But right now it's about 250/500gb full and it's lagging a lot =s...

Edited by LycheeMochi, 12 May 2010 - 05:12 AM.