Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot burn .avi movie through Nero

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Can anyone read a log file created from an error in Nero? I have tried every way I know to burn an .avi movie that was created in Windows Movie Maker through Nero, and it will not burn. It gives me error message regarding "...transcoding of videos failed". I saved the log file. I will include it if anyone can read it and let me know what is going on.

Thank you

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Have you saved it as a raw AVI file and not as a Windows Media Player file?
Nero gets incredibly upset if it has to have anything to do with Media Player files and it will probably be happier with raw AVI.

The message usually means the video cannot be converted. Depending on your version of Nero you may be able to get a update program from the website that may solve the problem.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Neil, I saved it as a AVI file. I will try and see if I can update Nero. I see there is a Nero 10 version, but it cost quite a bit. Do you know of a free version?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
See, if DVDFlick will work: http://www.dvdflick.net/

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I have been trying to burn the movie through DVDFlick, but it keeps giving me an error during the encoding process. It says, "An error occured during the encoding process 70 from dvdflick: Permission denied". Is there a way to change the FPS in DVDFlick? My movie was encoded at 30 FPS in MWMM. I hate to say this, but I have been at this a year now. I have tried just about everything and nothing works. I cannot create the movie over from scratch, because it took way too long to put it together in MWMM, but I just can't get it to burn. I saved the movie in three sections after cutting it way down so that it will fit to DVD, then I resaved them all together as a movie file in MWMM. After that, I brought it into DVDFlick to try and burn it. Although one part of the movie still stutters on playback, the biggest problem right now is just getting it burned to DVD.

Thanks for any help :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
How big is that avi file?
Would you be willing to share that file, so I can see, if it'll burn on my computer, or it's to private?