Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem accessing secure network

• Please log in to reply

BFA123

BFA123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I've recently moved into a new shared house and I'm having problems connecting to the wireless network (Thomson Cf716B) with my inbuilt laptop network card (Ralink RT2500). Everyone else in the house is able to connect to the interney ok and I have been able to connect to other networks in the past. I can see the network and have a decent signal but it does not allow me to access the network when I type in the network key.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Remove any old preferred networks. Now, get yourself a USB key. While logged into the router, copy and paste the network key to text file and take this key to your laptop where you'll copy and paste the key where prompted.

Also, it is possible MAC address filtering is enabled in the router. Either add the MAC address of your wireless card or disable MAC address filtering.

http://techgeeks-online.com/?p=628
http://www.microsoft...e.mspx?mfr=true

pcs365_11

pcs365_11

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
HiBFA123,
Disable the anti-virus or firewall,Type "services.msc" in RUN command and find "wireless zero configuration" in services page and right click and Restart it and also as DaffyKantReed said delete the prefer-ed network and try connecting to your home network. Access router set up page and enter mac address (mac address filtering) Make sure that your typing the correct password.