Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to connect Wireless Laptop to Wieless HP Printer

• Please log in to reply

mnsteeler7

mnsteeler7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A friend of mine from church has a Toshiba Laptop running Win 7 and is trying to connect to his HP C6180 Printer via wireless network. How can I assist him in setting this up? I have already showed him how to set it up via Printer
Sharing, and it works fine, but he doesn't want to have to leave the XP PC turned on for Print Sharing to work. How can I set it up directly on the Wireless Network for him?

Advertisements

pcs365_11

pcs365_11

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
You can share printer But you need to connect your printer to the wireless router first. Since you told its wireless printer you will have option to scan for the network. Connect to the home network. In order to it manually on router. You need to access router page(configuration depends on the router-Dlink,linksys,Belkin etc)