Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Cleanup Questions

• Please log in to reply

jek1862

jek1862

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I regularly use Disk Cleanup, as you should, to help clean some of the 'junk' out of my system and free up space. However, there are a couple things listed here I do not understand and am not sure I should 'mess with'. Let me say first that I have used up 20gb of my hard drive. I know not much, but I just recently did a new install. In Disk Cleanup I am comfortable deleting everything, but for two areas. They are:

1) System queued Windows Error Reporting Files: 988mb

2) TWO listings for: Per user archived Windows Error Reporting Files: 78.3gb each. That's GIGAbytes, not megabytes!

I am wondering if I can safely delete #1. I think I can. But I don't see how I can delete #2. In the first place, I have only 'used up' 20 gb on my hard drive, so what is this anyway?? I'd like a definition of each and the green light or not to delete the files in each one. Thanks.

Advertisements

traveler818

traveler818

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I have the same question.