Welcome to the GeeksToGo
My name is NeonFx
. I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Please note the following:
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used on this machine.
- Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that the system is completely clean.
- It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference. I may ask you to boot into Safe Mode where you will be unable to follow my instructions online.
- If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
to your Desktop
- Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
- Double-click on OTS.exe to start the program.
- Check the box that says Scan All Users
- Under Basic Scans please change the radio button under Registry from Safe List to All.
- Under Additional Scans check the following:
- Reg - Desktop Components
- Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
- Reg - NetSvcs
- Reg - Shell Spawning
- Reg - Uninstall List
- File - Lop Check
- File - Purity Scan
- Evnt - EvtViewer (last 10)
- Please paste the contents of the following codebox into the Custom Scans box at the bottom
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
- Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
- When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
- Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
the log in your next post. To do so click on the blue "Add Reply"
button and click on the "Browse..
" button under "Manage Current Attachments"
To ensure that I get all the information this log will need to be attached. If it is too large to attach then upload it to Dropio
and post the sharing link/url (The Drop's URL will be similar to : http:://drop.io/daerk) Step 2 GMER Rootkit Scanner
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs. Make sure you disable your security programs as well, as they may interfere with the program.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and re-enable your security programs when done.
If you have trouble running GMER, please try running it in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode you'll need to repeatedly tap the F8 key on your keyboard as you turn your computer on until a black and white menu appears with the option.
If you continue to have trouble with it, try running it without the "Files" scan checked.
Again, if the results are really long, please attach
them using the instructions I gave you at the end of step 1. This is to avoid having to scroll down the page too much and make the space cleaner.