Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rundll23 error, and internet explorer windows open randomly

• Please log in to reply

Rai-Rai

Rai-Rai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I go on my laptop a window comes up saying that host process rundll23 is not working and must close. I cannot find rundll23 in task manager, and internet explorer windows randomly pop up with javascript in them (java script:clickRefresh()), when I close them I get the rundll23 error again. I've also tried searching for the rundll23 file on my hard drive and can't find it, but when I search rundll a file called aiptbl.ini comes up. Google chrome is not working properly and won't load anything right. I've done a virus scan, and a disc scan and nothing's come up. Help!

EDIT: also, sometimes windows explorer opens with pop-ups for Sky and Poker and things instead of the javascript. Yes, I do have a pop-up blocker.

Edited by Rai-Rai, 14 May 2010 - 05:01 AM.

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Rai-Rai-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I suggest taking a look at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system. If that doesn't solve your problem, post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to this thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).