Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonic DLA issue ?

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
1. At some point yesterday, working with my Dell3000 (with XP) an error message appeared. paraphrased as

“Recovery Mount: Sonic DLA: The disc was ejected before the previous writing session was completed. Please wait while DLA mounts this disc. ” That error screen also carried a Progress Bar.

2. I<<never>> saw that message before. Have no idea what “Sonic DLA” means, or in the context here the terms “ejected’, “previous writing session”, or “mounts.”

3. I waited and waited and waited. About 10 hours (!) later the progress meter showed the operation (whatever it is) had finally finished; and this error message appeared, see screenshot DLA2.jpg.

4.. So far as I can tell, the PC now seems fine.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on here? (Many of the problems I’ve ask for help on here have turned out to be things I <should> have known and solved without your help. But not this one; I am completely lost here.)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Have no idea what “Sonic DLA” means ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_DLA