Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It looks like a heating issue from what are seeing.
Since this is a desktop system looking from the front of the system take the left side panel off. Check the fan on the motherboard that is on the cpu. Is it dirty or running slow?
Turn the system off and use a can of compressed air to blow out all the dust. Pay close attention to all vents and fans.
Once done check the fans again after turning the system on again. Make sure fan on cpu and the fan in the PSu are turning correctly. Does this correct the issue?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your system is 6 years old...it could be just about anything hardware wise and without physical access to the system so I could start swapping parts with known good parts until I found the problem piece I would only be guessing