Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Phantom Disc Drive

• Please log in to reply

cpan

cpan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On my computer I currently have one disc drive, a LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive. Yet, a couple months ago, I noticed that when I go to "My Computer" there appears to be a second disc drive claiming to be the HD-DVD ROM(Drive F:). I literally have no such device attached to my system. I can go into the Device Manager and uninstall it, but it will simply return after a reboot. During a Hardware Diagnostic the computer even attempts to test this device as if it were real and attached.

I know most people's first question is to ask if I have any program that emulates a drive for mounting ISO files such as Daemon Tools. I assure you that I have no such program installed.

Any ideas??

Advertisements