Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connected but i can't surf.

• Please log in to reply

archive13

archive13

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi guys, im new here. im having problem with my internet connection, idk if its a virus or what. Anyway, the story was this: well, i was playing an online game then all of a sudden it brownout, lights went out then after a couple of mins the lights went on again so i turned on my PC again then play with no problems at that time, then a couple of mins, the lights went out again and after 30mins lights went on again then i played with no problems at that time. after an hour of playing, i shut down my PC and went to bed. in the next morning i woke up then turned on my PC then i have found out that i cant connect to google or any other websites even though my Local Area Connection tray says i am connected perfectly but as i've said i cant browse any web page neither can't run my online games or even YM messenger. but when i tried to hook up my cable to the laptop it was working that is why i was able to write this now.. please help and thanks in advance..

AV: AVG free edition and Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes was able to detect security hijack and deleted it but still didnt work same with avg, i ran full scan with avg but doesnt detect any infections..

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Please visit the Malware FAQ to try and clean up any infections. If you still suspect infection, please post in the Malware forum so a removal expert can assist you.

archive13

archive13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok thank you