Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AC Charging / Battery problem for Samsung R40

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SwanVsDalton

SwanVsDalton

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Having a frustrating and odd set of problems with my Samsung R40 laptop. First of all - for some time I've had an issue with the AC charger only charging intermittently (light indicator flicking on/off etc). At first I figured it was an issue with the charger itself but have now gone through two or three chargers. I've read up that the problem is likely to do with the AC power pin being loose and would require a professional repair.

To avoid this irritating problem, I tried booting with the battery removed. The AC charge light stayed on - but Windows refused to boot up. Does anyone know why I can't boot Windows with the battery removed? I'm really out of depth so any help would be much appreciated. Initially it seemed the power pin was the issue, but since the light stayed on with no battery I'm not so sure - doubly so since the laptop subsequently wouldn't boot.

Anyone have any ideas? Would it be worth my while getting a new battery to see if that helps? Also worth mentioning I haven't had any noticeable problems with battery before, it's charges well and the laptop still has a reasonably decent battery life.

Cheers for any help.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Did you buy a genuine original equipment PSU/charger when you replaced it? They are more expensive than the so called 'compatible' copies but are also more reliable. The cheaper ones often don't contain the correct circuitry to function properly and are more probe to causing problems & early failure.