Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BUILD ME A GAMER

• Please log in to reply

Shaggs

Shaggs

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i have a $1300 spending limit i was wondering if someone could tell me what parts would be best the build for a gaming computer and all i need is the tower

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Tom's Hardware:

Shaggs

Shaggs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i really do like the link that you gave me but what i am looking for is for someone to list all the parts i would need for a $1300 tower not a $750 or a $1500 ... i have someone i work with that will put it together and teach me how to hook it up and get things running but he is not very confident in his descision for picking parts to build a gaming computer and neither am i.

the main reason why i want someone to list the parts for me is because im more worried about the parts be compatible with eachother and running smooth as possible

i know it seems like a lot of work to do for some random noob but it would help me out a lot

i would like to have this as my processor unles you know a better one for cheaper or around the same price
and i would like to have no less than 4 gb RAM other than that you can pick and chose as you wish

Processor

i think this is somthing a lot of people would want to know

MAJOR THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

Edited by Shaggs, 25 May 2010 - 01:40 PM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
A few questions:
  • Do you already have a useable tower case?

• What about a PSU? If you already have one, what brand and which model?

• What resolution is your monitor, (1280x1024, 1600x1050, 1920x1200, 2560x1600, etc.)?

• Which of the following games do you play the most?
    • Crysis
    • Fallout 3
    • Far Cry 2
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Race Driver GRID
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
    • World In Conflict
  • Other than a: Case(?), PSU, MB, CPU, (CPU-cooler), RAM, GPU, HD and CD/DVD, is there anything else you need? (Like keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS).
--

Note that with $1,300 to spend, I'd try to build something based on at least an Intel Core i7-920 instead of an aging Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550. As an example, if you do any video editing/encoding with something like Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, the i7-920 would be more than twice as fast as the Q9550. Think of it like this ... you're headed to work at 80 MPH and suddenly, something flashes by you at over 180! :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
But then he gets pulled up by the cops and you end up beating him to work... hmmmmm, I see a flaw in your example...

:)

Shaggs

Shaggs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Monitor

i dont need a mouse or keyboard or a monitor, all i need is a tower case and all of the inside components

i do use adobe master suite a lot so thanks for the tip and the game i play the most is modern warfare 2

but yeah go ahead make a list :)

THANKS

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Case - Cooler Master CM 690 $60
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W $110
MB - ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 $170
CPU - Intel Core i7-920 2.66 GHz $280
RAM - Crucial 6GB (3x2GB kit) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3-1333 $168