Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burner

• Please log in to reply

Silentlover12

Silentlover12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, Everyone,

I hope someone will be able to help me out. I have a hp pavilion ze4400 laptop running xp sp 2. My cd burner for some unknown reason stop burning cds. I have tried restoring it, running cd dignostic test and it says the cd is working properly. I have even tried to reg edit prgrams in my cd folders. At this point I sure would like to be able to use my laptop cd burner again. I remember when I could send file to the cd burner. When I click on send to it doesn't even recongize my cd drive. I have to open my computer and drag the file that I want to copy to the cd drive. At this point it will say you have files waiting to be copied but when I click on write these files to a cd it just give me some sound and do nothing. Please help. I am not experienced at this and I hope I don't sound stupid. Thanks

Silent

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
what type of disks are you using- are they the same ones you've always been using?