Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Navigating from a click on Access subform field

• Please log in to reply

CDIT

CDIT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, just joined tonight :) Hope someone can help me with this annoyance!

I've created a main menu form in Access 2007 called “frmSwitchboard” and embedded in that is a subform called "subfrmSwitchboard" that contains all customer orders of a certain type (Active, Paid, Unpaid). Each order has an Autonumber field called ID as it's primary key.

Linked to the ID field on the subform is a macro that should open up "frmOrders" with the relevant order number's record shown when you click the relevant ID number on the subform. If I open up the subform on its own in datasheet view and click an ID field then the relevant order form appears, great.

However, if I do this within the subform being present on the main form (frmSwitchboard) it doesn’t, I get an input box appearing with the WHERE clause from my macro showing:

Forms!subfrmswitchboard!ID

The WHERE clause in the macro is: [ID]=[Forms]![subfrmswitchboard]![ID]

If I type in the order ID then the form appears but I want this nuisance not to be the case. Where have I gone wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisements