I've been having an issue for quite some time now.
After numerous fruitless attempts at googling it, I've finally resorted to actually asking if anyone has ever heard of this.
Here goes :
I'm using an Asus F3Ja laptop with Windows XP, and web browsing on it has become a complete pain.
The symptoms are :
- On some pages, some images are interchanged. I will sometimes see the same image twice on the same page, or a thumbnail will not correspond to the image it links to.
- When opening some pages, the web browser only shows the icon instead of the page (the same icon as in the address bar)
- When opening some pages, the HTTP request and reply appear in place of the page.
- Some pages just don't load at all. (The browser shows that it's still loading, though, and remains so for a while.)
- I sometimes get error messages saying (depending on the site) that the page cannot be found, or access is restricted. These messages include the address the browser is trying to access, and it's slightly different from the one I actually entered. A path is appended, something like "/upnp2/control". (I'm not sure about the exact path, and I'm not at home right now, so I can't check.) For example I could get "http://www.geekstogo.../upnp2/control" while trying to access this page.
All these issues appear randomly, and can most of the time be fixed by a combination of refreshing a bunch of times and clearing the cache. However, they seem to grow more frequent the more I use the computer/internet. (Meaning that after a few hours without rebooting, it's coming to a point where half of the pages fail to open.)
Your next question is going to be what browser I'm using.
Well, I've tried most of them. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and even IE!
And I'm using the most recent version I can for each (not sure about IE)
Each browser shows some or all of the symptoms.
Now for the hardware part :
I'm using a broadband connection. I'm behind a router and a modem, and using RJ45, so it's not a WIFI issue.
I've tried bypassing the router, by plugging the laptop directly into the modem, no luck. And I've had the same issue with a different provider in a different location.
I haven't tried reinstalling Windows. I haven't formatted in ages, but the OS works fine, apart from that issue.
Well that's all I can think of...
I'm open to ideas, I hope you guys will be able to help.