Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

REARRANGING PICTURE IN FOLDER USE WINDOWS

• Please log in to reply

essjaycarp

essjaycarp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
please forgive me if this is basic but I have a real problem dragging and dropping images around in a folder.

I left click, hold down and try to drag and drop. The picture I am trying to drag and drop cannot be easily dropped in front, or behind other images within the folder. It kind of "skips" into a place it prefers when I let go of the left click button.
When I used to drag and drop, I left clicked, held down and dragged the image to the exact place I wanted.

A black line the size of the thumbnail image appeared in front of hte image you had selected and would move along as you moved the mouse. It would move vertically or horizontally as you moved the mouse.

The black line would show and you could stop it precicely in between two images. The image I had left clicked on could then be inserted in the exact spot I wanted.
I have been through the setting and not sure what I need to do to the folder options to allow me to drag and drop in a controlled fashion. Can any one helpp please. Some one said go to VIEW and select AUTO ARRANGE, i have tried this and this does not work.Please help if possible.

Thank you.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Windows arranges files, any type of file, in accordance with your chosen criteria from these four choices:

1. Name (alphabetical or numerical order as appropriate)

2. Date

3. Type

4. Size

You cannot arrange them outside these criteria. It might appear that you can, but when you refresh the window the files will be arranged according to one of the criteria above.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 28 May 2010 - 01:12 PM.