I asked for the disk check because a bad disk can cause problems like you mention. I can see from OTL that you ran a disk check on 2010/05/31 00:09:14 and that some files or fragments were recovered: C:\FOUND.000. If you run another one and we don't get any more files then at least it is not getting worse.
I do see one suspicious file:
This is probably malware.
If you haven't enabled the viewing of System and Hidden files do so now:
* Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
* Double-click on the My Computer icon.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* After the new window appears select the View tab.
* Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
* Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
* Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
* Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
* Press the Apply button and then the OK button and exit My Computer.
* Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.
Now go to http://virustotal.com
and Browse to
Then Submit the file. After a few minutes it should give you a report on the file. IF it says something like 0/40 at the top then I don't need the report. If it doesn't say 0/40 then please copy and paste the report into a reply.
Download but do not yet run ComboFix
:!: If you have a previous version of Combofix.exe, delete it and download a fresh copy. :!:
:!: It must be saved to your desktop, do not run it :!:
:!: Disable your Antivirus software when downloading or running Combofix. If it has Script Blocking features, please disable these as well. See: http://www.bleepingc...opic114351.html
Download and Rename this file -- (call it george.exe ) to your Desktop -- from either of these two sources:http://download.blee...Bs/ComboFix.exehttp://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
Doubleclick on george to start the program.
* :!: Important: Have no other programs running. Your Task Bar should be clear of any program entries including your Browser.
* A window may open with a series of Disclaimers. Accept the Disclaimers to start the fix. Allow it to install the Recovery Console then Continue. When the scan completes Notepad will open with with your results log open. Do a File, Exit and answer 'Yes' to save changes.
A caution - Do not run Combofix more than once. Do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed, as this may cause the process to stall or your computer to lock. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Even when ComboFix appears to be doing nothing, look at your Drive light. If it is flashing, Combofix is still at work.
A file will be created at => C:\Combofix.txt. I'll need to see that in your reply.
Re-activate your anti-virus program at this time :!:
Apparently you have lost a critical file that is part of the system restore process.
Start, Run, sfc /scannow , OK
This will check your critical system files and restore them if possible. IF it asks for a CD and you don't have one or it doesn't like your cd then just hit Skip.