Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
i recently downloaded microsoft antispyware beta when i finished the installation a window appeared and asked me did i want to allow flash player on the system stating that some malicious spyware programs could enter via flash player i checked no but my wife has the flash player set for her home page so she can view updates via comcast i tried to go back into the (beta) menu to allow the program and it's telling me that there are no items that have been blocked i'm not sure if i'm in the right thread but any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Go here and download and install the free flash player http://www.macromedia.com That should fix it. Advice - don't install 'beta' software till it's a finished, fully tested product unless you have a spare PC to test beta stuff on. I have to say, Microsoft are taking a long time to get their antispyware utility out of the beta stage -- but I suppose that's to be expected since they've been criticised in the past for rushing stuff through. Seems like it's removed the flash player your wife was using instead of merely blocking it. As for flash being a security risk - it's quite safe if you have a firewall installed.

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Thanx but i tried to download the flash player and nothing happened. My wife has comcast as her homepage and it uses flash player 7. I downloaded #7 but i still can't get her home page interface to come up and she also can't play pop cap games ie. bejeweled. I then went over to my side to see if this problem would also be on my side as well and it wasn't. I was able to play bejewled on my side with no problems i uninstalled antispyware beta and that didn't fix the problem any help will be greatly appreciated