Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Save emails

• Please log in to reply

wright3279

wright3279

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
My brother got a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live email. I only have XP. He needs help saving emails to his documents folder. I've searched and searched and can't find anything that works for him. He can save extensions. He's not very computer literate and is legally blind. But can make out things on the large monitor he has. Anyone? Thanks.

Advertisements

Tigereye

Tigereye

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hello, wright3279

When you mean save an email, do you mean simply the message? If so;

1 Click the beginning of the message and then hold down the mouse.
2 Drag the mouse to the end of the message to highlight it
3 Right click and select "Copy"
4 Open word, notepad, wordpad, etc
5 Right click, then select "Paste"
6 The text should appear on the screen. On the left hand side click "File", then "Save As", and finally type in the name and click "Save"

Or, you can also do a screenshot :)

Please excuse me if I'm wrong with what you want to do, please post and tell me if I gave you the wrong fix.

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I knew of this method. Since his eyesight is so bad, he has some trouble highlighting. I finally temporarily installed Windows Live Mail on my computer and it appears that simply shrinking the email window a bit and then dragging the letter onto the desktop makes a copy of it. I hope it works that way on Windows 7 also. Thanks.