Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows warning screen at startup

• Please log in to reply

hanibal16

hanibal16

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Every time i startup my computer their appears a screen that 'you are trying to open a file of the type DAT-file (.dat)'
How can i get rid of it. There is a picture attached but it is in dutch.

Attached Files

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
try this:
press the start button, go to run, type in "msconfig" , select the start tab, uncheck everything except your antivrius (if you have any). by doing this, it turns off all the stuff running in the back ground, including any trojan virus programs or alike.

Do you have anti-virus protection? If not go here: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Do you have spybot and ad-aware? If not go here:http://www.geekstogo.com/

Also do a trojan scan, go get the free program, go here: www.trojanhunter.com

on all these programs, check for updates prior to scanning your computer, this will ensure better results.

Good Luck!

hanibal16

hanibal16

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks i found what the problem was, it was no virus neither spyware or trojans it was a file in the start tab called webexcl.dat. i maked sure that it wouldend startup everytime i startup my pc.