Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What video card/s should I upgrade to for gaming purposes? Thanks!

• Please log in to reply

KurtG85

KurtG85

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is the computer I own:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883227230

I know very little about computers and was wondering what the next best thing to upgrade would be in order to allow me to run the games I play at a smoother frame rate with increased graphics settings? For example, I can't run Crysis with all graphic settings on 'high' (at highest resolution and AA off) without frame rate dropping to around 30 fps, and can't really play Arma II at all (only played the demo, all textures are severely messed up, basically most are just one or two colors entirely, but this is a whole other issue I guess). I have been told to upgrade the video card elsewhere but I don't know if there are makes which are more compatible or a better value than others. Will I need to upgrade the cooling system/fans? I also don't know what the advantages/disadvantages are to running multiple cards or even what my case/connections can accommodate. If running multiple cards is a more cost efficient, long term upgrade option I would like to know, I'm clueless. On one of the reviews on newegg it says the motherboard is only crossfire compatible, just FYI. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by KurtG85, 02 June 2010 - 11:42 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
This should help:

tomshardware.com > Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart
http://www.tomshardw...ard,2569-6.html