Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 07 Format issue upon sending message

• Please log in to reply

Joep76

Joep76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help. My issue is, when I copy and paste a document to a new email from Microsoft office 07 and use source formating as the paste option. Then send the email it changes the format to Times new Roman and converts the text to the same size throughout the email. When I paste it, everything looks like the source document. When I send it the reiceiver on the same exchage server and my sent items mail all change to Times New Roman. In any external email it keeps the source format, i.e. att.net account. Any suggestions? I have tried to change all options in outlook to no avial. HTML is selected and I paste the document with source formating selected. It seems as if the exchange server has some sort of restriction on the font used, but the twist, on my blackberry it keeps the source formating. Thanks again, all suggestions welcome.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Where possible, please don't send emails as HTML. Your emails contain twenty times as much in formatting content as it does in the actual content of the mail itself.

If you must preserve the actual physical presentation of a document, your best bet would be to create a PDF file of it, and send that as an attachment instead. Your email recipient can then open that instead and marvel at the pretty content by opening it in Adobe Reader.

An example of a program that can do PDF file format is this one, others are availabel:
http://sourceforge.n...cts/pdfcreator/