Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gtb.exe error when I shut down computer

• Please log in to reply

mrbojos

mrbojos

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok when I try to shut my desktop down I get an error message. I can close this error window out and hit the shutdown button again and my computer will shutdown. If I dont make sure that this error window is closed and my computer shuts down then I get a blue screen after an undetermined period of time. The error message is as follows:

gtb.exe error

"application failed to intialize because windows station is shutting down"

Anybody got any ideas? Also I am a newbie so be gentle.

Thanks

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
gtb.exe is Google Toolbar. Try reinstalling it.

mrbojos

mrbojos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thank you. That seemed to do the trick.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Nero Scout is a media database application that makes it easier for other Nero programs such as Nero Wave Editor, Nero Burning ROM, and Nero Photosnap to access media files in your computer without you having to manually search the folders in your hard drive. It does this by adding several entries to your Windows Startup folder to enable it to launch itself when Windows starts and constantly running in the background scanning for new media files (music, videos, photos) which it then adds to its own internal media database.

Mercedes Benz 300SL Parts

And what does this have to do with this topic?