Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp fan running all the time

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

What are you trying to get a screen shot of?
I use <a href="http://www.gadwin.co...m/printscreen/" target="_blank"><b>Gadwin printscreen Free</b></a> for all my captures.

I assume you are looking for temperatures?

<ul>Download and install <a href="http://www.filehippo..._everest_home/" target="_blank"><b><u>Free Everest Home Edition</u></b></a>
Open it.
1: In left pane expand <b>Computer</b> folder.
2: Click once on <b>Summary</b>
3: In upper menu, go <b>Report.</b> <b>Not the Report icon</b>
4: And then to <b>Quick Report-Summary</b>
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the <b>+</b> by computer, click on <b>Sensor</b>. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...</li></ul>

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><u><b>DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> "DEBUG- PCI"</b></u>

123runner

Is the laptop bootable? If so, we might be able to repair using another "borrowed" cd of the same type.
PC Wizard 2010 will give us the info on what we need for the drivers.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Another thing you can try is to just borrow a XP cd of the same type that was installed in the system. ..Home, Media or Pro
Then using your reg key that was in the system reinstall XP and you should be fine.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Another thing you can try is to just borrow a XP cd of the same type that was installed in the system. ..Home, Media or Pro
Then using your reg key that was in the system reinstall XP and you should be fine.

i tried to install the xp that i bought in april however i cannot get it to load the second disk and i cannot get it to download the drivers. when i reg the system i put in the numbers that were on the case that xp came in.

the system that i bought off of ebay should be in in a couple of days.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK do you want to wait for the new system to see if there is something there we may assist you with instead of pursuing this system now?

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

OK do you want to wait for the new system to see if there is something there we may assist you with instead of pursuing this system now?

sure i hope that it will be in within the next day or so

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You got it. Let us know when you are ready to continue and we will resume.
:) :) :)

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

You got it. Let us know when you are ready to continue and we will resume.
:) :) :)

thanks that is very nice of you. when i get the xp in the mail i hope that i will be able to get it to download. i assume that i would have to set the computer to load from disk. if this is true i have done this before.
i would really like to get Dad back online. i kinda feel bad for him in a way. i had bought him a wireless router for fathers day and i think this was where i messed up. i should have tried to set it up for him. this is probably the reason he was in the network programs and for this reason he maybe deleted those drivers.
he then bought a fix it utilities program and i am thinking that he did not load it correctly. everytime that i would turn his computer on i could not get it to so anything with out the fix it program wanting to run the program and this would take about 20 miniutes for it to run.
i tried to remove it from the add and remove page but it would not remove it. notebook would say that it could not remove because it was running in the background.
anyway hopefully i can get it back together again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this.
Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
it is gone. i erased everything when i tried to install windows xp the other day. nowit is like a new system however when i tried to install the xp that i bought in April it would not load disk 2 that has all the drivers. it was like it would not recognize when i put disk 2 in and clicked OK

this is the reason that i just bought another operating system that had not been registered.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
ok i did install the xp the i bought off of ebay however i dont have the lan settings or drivers that i should have to connect to dsl.
i did install a dial up connection to try and go online to get the avast protection however it said that it would take 14 hours to download soi am trying to save it to a flash and install it.

i may try and so the service pack 2 and see if this will give me what i need.

i installed all the drivers that were given to me on this site however i still dont see the lan settings in network connections.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
  • (for Windows XP users)
  • Please click Start and click Run
    (for Windows Vista and 7 users)
  • Please click Start and select the white text box.
  • Type: devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
  • Look for any entries with a Yellow Exclamation Mark or Red X's

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i think that this is what you are asking for

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nothing there to look at.
Try attaching screenshot again.
when you say you installed the drivers from what website did you get the drivers and are you sure they are the correct ones?

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i downloaded the drivers that you gave me

sory i am trying to save the file that you asked me to save to a flash drive and post it hear but for somereason it is not working. is their anything that i can look for and post it hear?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Look for any entries with a Yellow Exclamation Mark or Red X's