Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a New Build

• Please log in to reply

Konsonum

Konsonum

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I currently have a Dell Inspiron 530 and its default build that it came it. I would like to know what I could do to ensure that I would be able to smoothly play games such as Civilization IV, Europa Universalis III, and Sims 3; simply, I want to be able to play these games at the best quality and the most smooth gameplay. I wish to only spend at most $100 to do this, however. Any help?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, sorry for the delay. Can you please confirm if this is your computer:
http://www.pcworld.c..._530.html#specs

If so, then 3 things stand out that could do with an upgrade to help with game framerates. 1) CPU 2) Graphics 3) PSU (important and depends on 1 and 2)

Let me know and I'll see what we can cobble in there for you.

Regards,

Troy

Konsonum

Konsonum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes, that's it.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Well I am not sure what CPUs the desktop supports, you will need to find out from Dell. However using the exact specs of the current one, the best one in that range is the Pentium Dual-Core E2220 (http://processorfind...spx?sSpec=SLA8W). If you can find it and replace it, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. But this would be last I guess.

Other than that I can't find any information on the Dell PSU included, I wonder if anyone else knows if they use proprietary connections still? Or are they a thing of the past? Hopefully somebody else can chime in here.

Lastly the graphics card, I've just been having an in-depth look here, that included graphics card is a very poor performer. You could upgrade to something like the ATI HD 4350 and it should give you a huge performance increase without doing anything else. In fact I would try it first. It is still a budget card, so it doesn't draw much power, yet comparatively it should be much better than your integrated card.