Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a PS3 to a LCD monitor

• Please log in to reply

Libid21

Libid21

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'm just wondering if I can do this and how effective it would be. I think my LCD monitor is 21.5". It's a Samsung Syncmaster 2233, and I bought it last year. When I bought this, I swear one of their reps said I could bring it to college and even play Xbox on it.

And that's just what I might do. Except with a PS3. I'm thinking of bringing this monitor along instead of buying a brand new, smaller sized HDTV. I'm going to need to buy a new PS3 to bring along, but I'm just wondering if this is possible or not.

I'm not a huge tech guy, so I wouldn't know. But I have a feeling it's possible (I hope!)

My monitor doesn't have its own speakers either, so if I'm going to get a PS3 I'll probably need to get a new headphones or something w/ a mic so I can use it for online gaming.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if this is your monitor, then you should be able to connect the PS/3 to it with an HDMI to DVI-D adapter. the monitor has VGA or DVI-D connections and the only connection on the PS/3 that i can see that's compatible would be the HDMI with an adapter